Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Mentally Fit
Mar 20, 2000

Dear Mr. Shernoff,

More than a year after being exposed to (I later found out) an HIV POS individual, I am haunted by my ARS like illness (thought by my M.D.) that coincided with that exposure and also my negative tests more than a year later. I have residual symptoms real or imagined, but shouldn't I keep testing or get a pcr test. How the hell else do I explain the illness that summer and I didn't even tell my doc all the symptoms! Am I crazy or is the people who tout 6 months like its gospel making me nuts? How do I get relief so i don't go off the deep end?

concerned,

Ralph

Response from Mr. Shernoff

I am not the correct person to ask about PCR results and length of time to retest after exposure to an HIV positive person. I am not an expert in these areas. Sorry not to be able to help you. Why not resubmit your question to either the doctor or transmission expert here at the Body?

Michael Shernoff, MSW

Previous
Is it Erectile Dysfunction...or me?
Next
Rolly-Coaster

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.