Mentally Fit

Dear Mr. Shernoff,

More than a year after being exposed to (I later found out) an HIV POS individual, I am haunted by my ARS like illness (thought by my M.D.) that coincided with that exposure and also my negative tests more than a year later. I have residual symptoms real or imagined, but shouldn't I keep testing or get a pcr test. How the hell else do I explain the illness that summer and I didn't even tell my doc all the symptoms! Am I crazy or is the people who tout 6 months like its gospel making me nuts? How do I get relief so i don't go off the deep end?

concerned,

Ralph

Response from Mr. Shernoff

I am not the correct person to ask about PCR results and length of time to retest after exposure to an HIV positive person. I am not an expert in these areas. Sorry not to be able to help you. Why not resubmit your question to either the doctor or transmission expert here at the Body?

Michael Shernoff, MSW

Is it Erectile Dysfunction...or me?
Rolly-Coaster