Is it Erectile Dysfunction...or me?

I have been dating this guy for a couple of months and we have began to be intimate. We have not had intercourse but have had oral sex. However, I have been with a few other men and always, they have maintained a very hard erection before, during, and sometimes even after orgasm.

But, this man loses his erection AS SOON AS there is no direct contact with his penis. If I stop giving him oral sex for only 3-4 seconds, he loses his erection. He is able to regain it within a few minutes and is also able to orgasm regularly. However, I am wondering if this loss of erection is caused by not being sexually stimulated enough or if it may actually be a physical problem.

I would like to talk to him about it, but I don't know much about men's health, so I want to have a greater understanding before/if I say anything to him. I want to approach this in the most respectful and considerate way possible.

Thanks so much for your time.

Response from Mr. Shernoff

I understand that your problem is very real, but this forum is only for questions that pertain to mental health issues directly related to HIV/AIDS, thus I will not respond. Sorry not to be able to be helpful.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

Organic Brain Syndrome
Mentally Fit