Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Is it Erectile Dysfunction...or me?
Mar 25, 2000

I have been dating this guy for a couple of months and we have began to be intimate. We have not had intercourse but have had oral sex. However, I have been with a few other men and always, they have maintained a very hard erection before, during, and sometimes even after orgasm.

But, this man loses his erection AS SOON AS there is no direct contact with his penis. If I stop giving him oral sex for only 3-4 seconds, he loses his erection. He is able to regain it within a few minutes and is also able to orgasm regularly. However, I am wondering if this loss of erection is caused by not being sexually stimulated enough or if it may actually be a physical problem.

I would like to talk to him about it, but I don't know much about men's health, so I want to have a greater understanding before/if I say anything to him. I want to approach this in the most respectful and considerate way possible.

Thanks so much for your time.

Response from Mr. Shernoff

I understand that your problem is very real, but this forum is only for questions that pertain to mental health issues directly related to HIV/AIDS, thus I will not respond. Sorry not to be able to be helpful.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

Previous
Organic Brain Syndrome
Next
Mentally Fit

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.