worried

Dear Sir,

I can't seem stop worrying about being infected. I tested negative to hiv-1 and hiv-2, but still can't get it out of my head. On my hiv-2 test the result was nonreactive, and it stated that a nonreactive result indicates no hiv-2 antibodies, and that reactive samples have been tested in triplicate before being reported. What does that mean for me? Does it mean that it was a bit reactive and tested 3 times? That statement about reactive sample being tested in triplicate really bothers me and I can't get it out of my head. Any advice? Please.

thanks so much.

Response from Mr. Shernoff

I am not a doctor so I really do not know what it means that the reactive sample was tested in triplicate. Ask your physician about this. If you find that you are unable to stop worrying then the only suggestion I have is that you begin working with a mental health professional who can help you ascertain what is really going on for you that is manifesting itself in these particular fears.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

Why am I doing this?
WORRIES ABOUT MY SEXUAL INTERCOURSE