Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I cant stop thinking about it
Jul 7, 2000

Am I infected? Should I get tested? Let me describe you my situation. Two weeks ago I went to a private strip club. Both, the stripper and I were nude but there was no genital contact between us... she was masturbating and briefly touch my face and lips 2 or 3 times. I'm worried that her vaginal fluids on her fingers could infect me while touching my face/lips... I have no visible cuts or sores... but I have been very worried during the last two weeks... I'm married and have a little son... I'm terrified... I have posted questions on every Q& A forum... 4 "experts" have told me that I cannot get HIV this way...but I'm still terrified... Keep "feeling" symptoms and keep watching myself in the mirror... Please help me... What are the chances that I can be infected? What can I do to stop thinking about it? I will get tested at 3 months but what can I do before that??? Pls need your help so bad!!!

Response from Mr. Shernoff

I am not a doctor and will not address the question of whether or not your behavior could have resulted in your becoming infected. If you are so obsessed with this and it is interfering with your life, then begin professional counseling to help you deal.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

Previous
how it affects the mind
Next
Why am I doing this?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.