Sex with infected person without getting infected?

I was curious to know if it is actually 'possible' to have unprotected sex with a infected person (well, an infected woman that would be in my case) and not get infected myself? or is it certain that if unprotected sex happens between an infected and uninfected person that the uninfected person infects him/herself? (what a sentence....?!) i am aware of the fact that woman have a higher risk of being infected by an infected man than the other way around. but to sum the question up: is it possible to have sex with an infected person WITHOUT infecting myself? (and i dont ask that cuz i plan on practicing that or whatever. it is a question out of curiousity and a bit out of worry about e recent encounter with a woman that seemed to "share her bed with a happy variety of men"......and i dont need to mention that no condom was used.) thank you for your attention to my question, and to all the other questions as well. your job is aggrevating and tireing im sure. yet it makes a lot of people a lil bit more relieved and calm. your work is much appreciated!! thank you very much for sharing your knowledge and time with us. Cypher

Response from Mr. Shernoff

This is a forum for questions pertaining only to mental health and HIV NOT safer sex. Sorry, but I am not a medical or transmission expert so I can not respond to your question. I suggest that you resubmit it to the correct forum at the Body. Michael Shernoff, MSW

loss of will?
how it affects the mind