Undetectable untransmitable

Hello I am from Mexico and I have 7 years being positive with good levels of CD4 around 32% and VL undetectable and I have a couple he is also positive with the same numbers, recently we have been having sexual relations with no protection but never cumming inside. What are the real risk of having this behavior? I have read about the U=U study but it doesn't mention about a hiv couple. Could you give me please your opinion or advise.

Plead and thank you. I hope not to have a terrible English.

Response from Dr. Fawcett

Hello and thank you for writing. There is now agreement that if you are undetectable there is no chance of trasmitting the virus to your partner. You can read more here. This is especially important for couples where one is living with HIV and the other is not. This is good news for you.

You should remember several other things: you and your partner can still get other sexually transmitted infections. You should also speak with your doctor about your partner going on PrEP as an extra precaution. It sounds like you are very careful with your health but it is obviously very important that you take your medication exactly as prescribed and that you continue to monitor your health.

Best wishes, David

IDV 1and2 blood tests
Disoriented