The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV Positive Husband and wife

Aug 3, 2017

We both have positive HIV ..Check only 5 days back ....His volume 670 and my volume. 140.. but I have a little girl baby this age 2year but she is negative . Can she positive in future and how to protect her......Next Q my wife have 5 months pregnant........Is the posible ....Newborn baby with come positive .....Then baby worn with positive Hiv ? How to protect her.........Sir please give me these Q ans......I wating......Thank u so much sir

Response from Dr. Fawcett

Hello and thank you for writing,

Congratulations on building your family! As for your little girl who is negative, there is no risk that she will seroconvert (become HIV positive) at this point. She will be fine.

The important lab value for you both to be aware of (especially you at 5 months pregnant) is your viral load. This should be undetectable, meaning that the levels of HIV in your blood are very low. If you are undetectable, you cannot pass on the virus.

It is very important that you work with your doctor to be certain that you are doing everything you can to protect your unborn baby. This includes keeping your viral load undetectable and changing any medications that could be harmful to your unborn baby. You can find more information at TheBody's HIV/AIDS HIV/AIDS Resource Center for Women..

Wishing your family all the best,


Should I say "HIV positive" or "I have AIDS"?
Hiv symptoms and mood swings

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint