HIV Positive Husband and wife

We both have positive HIV ..Check only 5 days back ....His volume 670 and my volume. 140.. but I have a little girl baby this age 2year but she is negative . Can she positive in future and how to protect her......Next Q my wife have 5 months pregnant........Is the posible ....Newborn baby with come positive .....Then baby worn with positive Hiv ? How to protect her.........Sir please give me these Q ans......I wating......Thank u so much sir

Response from Dr. Fawcett

Hello and thank you for writing,

Congratulations on building your family! As for your little girl who is negative, there is no risk that she will seroconvert (become HIV positive) at this point. She will be fine.

The important lab value for you both to be aware of (especially you at 5 months pregnant) is your viral load. This should be undetectable, meaning that the levels of HIV in your blood are very low. If you are undetectable, you cannot pass on the virus.

It is very important that you work with your doctor to be certain that you are doing everything you can to protect your unborn baby. This includes keeping your viral load undetectable and changing any medications that could be harmful to your unborn baby. You can find more information at TheBody's HIV/AIDS HIV/AIDS Resource Center for Women..

Wishing your family all the best,

David

Should I say "HIV positive" or "I have AIDS"?
Hiv symptoms and mood swings