different tests results with partner
Apr 12, 2014
Hi Dr. David
i have been dating my partner for 2years now and ever since we've started dating we never used protection. i tested HIV positive and he tested negative.
how is it possible?
Response from Dr. Fawcett
Thanks for writing. It's not possible to say with any certainty why this occurred. Certain sexual behaviors have more risk than others and certain individuals, for reasons that are not clear, seem to have more innate resistance to infection.
However, now that you have tested positive it is important that you do use protection to preserve the health of your partner and protect yourself as well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
- What Is The Risk Of Licking Vagina?
- Dry Cough After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Foreplay Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Do You Have To Wait Until You Can Get Tested For An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.