Masturbation addiction

Contrary to what other sites say, I've had excess problems due to this. I've had considerable hair loss, blurring of vision, breast development, huge weight loss, stunting of height etc. Worse part is the depression, loss of concentration, and losing interest to do anything. In the past 3 years I did it every day, sometimes 3 times a day . What should i do sir please help save my life.

Response from Dr. Fawcett

Thanks for writing. Compulsive sexual behavior is a serious problem. Any connection between the physical symptoms you describe and your "masturbation addiction" is difficult to make, but there is certainly a relationship between this behavior and depression, loss of concentration, and losing interesting in other things.

Contrary to what many people think, compulsive sexual behavior is not about sex but rather a way to escape from uncomfortable thoughts or feelings. Sex soothes by stimulating the release of neurotransmitters that numb emotional (and physical) pain. As someone starts to rely on this behavior, mood disruptions can occur and, ironically, normal sexual functioning is impacted.

There is help. Speak with your healthcare provider about what you can do to find relief. In the meantime you can read more about this condition here.

Take care,

David

Crisis intervention /counseling for recently diagnosed HIV person
different tests results with partner