Unprotected

I recently had unprotected sex with a man who is negative. I am positive. My viral load is undetectable and t-cell is over 800. When him and I had sex, we were unsafe and also used inhalants...poppers. I never ejaculated inside him. Is there a much higher risk because this was used?

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Unprotected anal sex (if that's what we're talking about) is typically considered high risk for HIV.

However, it's also known that if someone is HIV+, undetectable, and has no other STDs then it's unlikely that they'd be able to transmit HIV to another person. That's a lot of criteria that need to be there though! But it sounds like you're in that direction.

So overall, it sounds like you're in a good spot. That doesn't mean that your sex partner shouldn't worry, but it's something to feel good about while he waits to get his HIV test (3 months).

Hope this helps!

Erik

Observation...
Medication