CD4 and pregnancy

Hi there,

I am wondering at what level my CD4 would be considered healthy enough to get pregnant? What issues should I consider before getting pregnant and what methods my husband and I can use to get pregnant as my husband is HIV negative and do not want to harm my husband?

Any advice is appreciated.

Response from Dr. Fawcett

Thanks for writing. There are good options for a woman living with HIV to become pregnant and deliver a healthy baby. You should work with your healthcare provider as options vary depending on your health status. The following are two excellent resource centers at TheBody which should give you much more information:

Pregnancy and HIV resource

Another pregnancy and HIV resource

Best wishes to you and your family!

David

Another pregnancy and HIV resource

Serodiscordant couple
Back to work?