Urgent please - reinfection?

Hi dr. I have been HIV positive for two years. My boyfriend is HIV neg. Two weeks ago we had sex using a condom and when he was about to cum he took the condom off and came on me. My question is. I'm undetectable with counts 450. If he got infected two weeks ago does that mean I'm reinfected with the same strain? Please help me soon. If I got reinfected what happens?

Response from Dr. Fawcett

Thanks for writing. Ejaculating on someone doesn't present a risk, and being undetectable is significant in preventing transmission of the virus. As to reinfection, there have been such cases (with a different partner) with another strain of the virus, although that is extremely unlikely in this case.

It's important for each serodiscordant couple to understand the various risks associated with different behaviors and effectively communicate their needs with each other. If it was a surprise to you when your partner took off the condom you need to discuss it with him to clarify your needs.

Good luck and keep up the good work with your counts!

David

Am I experiencing OCD?
Atripla and Seroquel