Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Am I experiencing OCD?
Sep 29, 2013

So I was laying down on my chair masturbating and as I was trying to ejaculate semen onto my hand(palm), a drop of my semen blew off and got stuck to the tablecloth lying on a table nearby. The tablecloth was put only that day by my mother so I can't just take it off and wash it by myself right now. I feel that it is gross and the traces of semen will transfer from that cloth to everywhere. I just can't get over it. I have not been diagnosed for OCD but all my symptoms make me believe that I do suffer from it. Am I giving too much importance to that tiny drop of semen? Should I just forget about it right now and wash the cloth after a few days?

Response from Dr. Fawcett

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is characterized by unwanted and uncontrollable thoughts along with repetitive behaviors one feels compelled to perform. While you don't mention any such behaviors, you do reference the irrational nature of these thoughts.

If I were you I'd first change the tablecloth and then get an assessment for OCD. There may be some relief from these symptoms.

-David

Previous
Finding mental health care in Duval County, FL
Next
Urgent please - reinfection?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.