Need activities to reduce stigma
Sep 4, 2013
Can I get the activities for an intervention to eliminate stigma among nurses who are treating HIV/AIDS patients?
Response from Dr. Fawcett
Thanks for writing. There is no simple answer to your question. Programs to address HIV-related stigma are gaining greater attention, although most of the studies deal with populations outside of the US. Stigmatization by US healthcare providers has significantly improved, although it still occurs.
Some of the best work on HIV-related stigma comes from the International Center for Research on Women. This study summarizes some of their findings about components of an effective program. It will be a good start.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Thrush Sign Of Seroconversion
- Bloody Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.