|Am I infected?
Jul 28, 2013
2 years ago my girlfriend passed away with HIV. We had unprotected sex all along till find out she was positive, so late for her. She died because her CD4 was low!I I have been testing (elisa,pcr) but still negative and stressed. What must I do?
| Response from Dr. Fawcett
Thanks for writing. I am sorry to hear about your girlfriend. The outside window for post-exposure testing is 6 months (3 months is considered standard in the US), so there doesn't appear to be an ongoing risk that you will seroconvert.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Tingling In Feet Worried It Could Be Ars
- Coated Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.