Am I infected?
Jul 28, 2013
2 years ago my girlfriend passed away with HIV. We had unprotected sex all along till find out she was positive, so late for her. She died because her CD4 was low!I I have been testing (elisa,pcr) but still negative and stressed. What must I do?
Response from Dr. Fawcett
Thanks for writing. I am sorry to hear about your girlfriend. The outside window for post-exposure testing is 6 months (3 months is considered standard in the US), so there doesn't appear to be an ongoing risk that you will seroconvert.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Vaginal Fluid
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Anal Sex Condom Broke
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Topping Without Condom
- Is Groin Pain An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Muscle Ache An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Jock Itch After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.