Counseling help for spouse of AIDS patient

My husband has AIDS and Hep B. We have been married for 49 years. He tested positive 4 years ago. It has been a long and difficult road but he is now undetectable. There are problems within our family all of which come from his diagnosis. I need to find some mental health help. We are in Delaware. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Fawcett

Thanks for writing. I am glad to hear your husband is now undetectable, and I understand how difficult dealing with HIV and Hep B coinfection, along with all the other relationship issues, can be. I am glad you are open to mental health help I am sure both of you could use the assistance.

Start with an inquiry to the Delaware HIV Consortium they will be able to help you find services.

Good luck to you both,

David

living with hiv
Tested positive with mental health concerns