HIV+ and AA

David this is not a question, but a response. I will be sober 22 years if I make it until October. Have the guy that asked about this to look for Lambda type groups in his area. I have been pos since 2007 and that is where I find AA groups that are good with HIV. You are right though there are not any special groups for HIV+. My sponsor told me when I was diagnosed that now I live with two fataly progressive diseases and that I have to take care of the HIV with the same intensity I have taken care of my alcoholism. I was diagnosed in Oklahoma City and not live back in Midland Texas. There are a couple of others in sobriety out here that are pos. I hope this helps.

Response from Dr. Fawcett

Thank you! I have added your information to the original post in the substance abuse forum on March 14.

- David

Do Prisoners have a right to health care?
Please Help. PEP and OCD drug interaction.