HIV+ AA groups

Do you (or possibly a reader) know if there is a website that helps you locate AA meetings for HIV+ people? I realize, if this exists, it might be limited to meetings in major metropolitan areas.

Response from Dr. Fawcett

Thanks for writing. I don't know of any such central listing. I checked with Alcoholics Anonymous World Services who reported that each local intergroup would have that information. You will find that large urban areas are more likely to have such meetings. Check your local meeting listings or call your intergroup they should be able to help.

Best wishes,

David

Response from Dr. Fawcett

This additional information was submitted by readers. Thank you!

Hi - This is regarding the person who asked about HIV+ AA resources. The Los Angeles Central Office is the only one where the phone banks are staffed 24/7, and they have resources to locate meetings all across the country. If an HIV+ group in a particular city has registered, the LA Central Office is likely to know about them. They will also help someone find the closest HIV+ to them if not in their city. AA Central Office 24 hour line is (800) 923-8722.

David this is not a question, but a response. I will be sober 22 years if I make it until October. Have the guy that asked about this to look for Lambda type groups in his area. I have been pos since 2007 and that is where I find AA groups that are good with HIV. You are right though there are not any special groups for HIV+. My sponsor told me when I was diagnosed that now I live with two fatally progressive diseases and that I have to take care of the HIV with the same intensity I have taken care of my alcoholism. I was diagnosed in Oklahoma City and now live back in Midland Texas. There are a couple of others in sobriety out here that are pos. I hope this helps.

Still affected by bad episode with weed after a month....
Synephrine and capsicum with HIV meds