Can you catch HIV from sharing a crack pipe

I just got my tooth pulled and relapsed on crack. I was sharing a crack pipe with three other people when I noticed my mouth was bleeding, not only from the tooth but from some cracks and cuts on my lip. Is it possible that I could have contracted HIV from any of the other people I was smoking with? I am very worried and not proud of this at all.

Response from Dr. Fawcett

There is generally no risk of acquiring HIV from sharing a crack pipe. HIV is not transmitted through sharing things like drinking glasses, straws, cigarettes, or pipes. Because the virus is transmitted via blood, however, your bleeding mouth does open you to risk should the HIV virus have been present (someone else with bleeding sores). While remote, it's not inconceivable. My best advice to put your mind at ease is to get an HIV test and stay away from crack. If you need support in giving it up you can find it at Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous.

David

Poppers
Ibogaine and Complera interaction?