Social Security Disability
Dec 30, 2012
Can a person with mental issue and HIV collect SSD?
Response from Dr. Fawcett
Yes, either a diagnosis of AIDS or a serious mental disorder can make one eligible for Social Security Disability. However, it has become much more difficult to get disability status (an AIDS diagnosis was once almost an automatic criteria). In short, it is possible but the process is long and arduous. Most applications are initially challenged and require time-consuming appeals.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Does Bactrim Treat Chlamydia?
- What Causes Thrush In Men?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.