Social Security Disability
Dec 30, 2012
Can a person with mental issue and HIV collect SSD?
Response from Dr. Fawcett
Yes, either a diagnosis of AIDS or a serious mental disorder can make one eligible for Social Security Disability. However, it has become much more difficult to get disability status (an AIDS diagnosis was once almost an automatic criteria). In short, it is possible but the process is long and arduous. Most applications are initially challenged and require time-consuming appeals.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Tingling In Fingers An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Swollen Lymph Nodes During Seroconversion
- Dry Cough After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have
- Stinging Pain After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.