|Atripla and depression
Dec 23, 2012
I am on Atripla and see anxiety and depression overcoming me. Can you please advise if paroxetine CR, which I am due to take, will negatively affect my treatment with Atripla?
| Response from Dr. Fawcett
Thanks for writing. There are no substantial interactions mentioned in the literature between Atripla and paroxetine (Paxil). Be aware that Atripla contains efavirenz (Sustiva) which can affect anxiety, particularly with vivid dreams and disturbed sleep. That usually abates after a few weeks.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Picking Your Nose?
- Black Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Condom Leak Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.