|Atripla and depression
Dec 23, 2012
I am on Atripla and see anxiety and depression overcoming me. Can you please advise if paroxetine CR, which I am due to take, will negatively affect my treatment with Atripla?
| Response from Dr. Fawcett
Thanks for writing. There are no substantial interactions mentioned in the literature between Atripla and paroxetine (Paxil). Be aware that Atripla contains efavirenz (Sustiva) which can affect anxiety, particularly with vivid dreams and disturbed sleep. That usually abates after a few weeks.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling Lips After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Incurable Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Symptoms Of Peyronie's Disease
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.