HIV Risk and when to Continue with partner

Hello Mr. Fawcett, I want to first start out by saying I really appreciate your time and help with my questions. I recently had protected and unprotected sex with a stripper in Puerto Rico and really do not remember the amount of unprotected exposure, but was wondering if I receive a negative 1 month HIV test, if it were ok to have intercourse with my girlfriend? I understand you receive questions like this all the time, but just wanted some expert advice. Just really scared and has only been a couple of weeks since my exposure. Thank you for your time and help with these issues.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Dr. Fawcett referred your message to me; the Safe-Sex and HIV Prevention forum is a better fit for your question. At one-month, a negative HIV test result would be a good indicator of what to expect at the three month mark, but you must go in for a final test at three months if you want a conclusive answer. Good luck.

In health,

Richard

Long time Atripla user concerned about mood changes
Hypochondriac, HIV +, and living in hell