Quit job over stress
Aug 26, 2012
I just read your answer to the question about whether the individual should quit his job due to stress. Your cautionary answer was a good one. I quit my job as a surgeon due to stress over contamination and patient concerns 15 years ago and have regretted it ever since. Many of us are defined by what we do for a living and not doing anything says a lot and is extremely stressful. Never stop working unless you have to as the side effects of that decision are monumental.
Response from Dr. Fawcett
Thank you for writing. Yours is a powerful example of the impact of such decisions. I hope you have been able to successfully find other ways to define yourself and derive fulfillment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risk Of Hiv From A One Time Unprotected Sex
- Thrush Tounge First Symptoms Continue Antibiotics
- Should Aids Victims Be Isolated To Stop The Spread Of The Aids Virus?
- Should I Take Creatine Supplement While Having Hep C?
- When Will People Infected With Hiv Show The Presence Of Antibodies?
- If Both Of Your Parents Are Hiv Positive Does That Mean You Are Too?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.