HIV medications and supplements
Aug 3, 2012
Response from Dr. Fawcett
Thanks for writing. Supplements, in general, can indeed interact with HIV medications. Check the archives in TheBody's"Choosing your medications" forum for specifics on the two you mentioned. Few supplements have been studied enough to adequately describe potential risks and/or benefits.
Be certain to discuss any use of supplements with your physician. Take care,
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Negative Top Positive Bottom Risk
- How Easy Or Hard To Get Hiv Through Intercourse?
- When Having Sex The Condom Broke Is It Possible For You To Get Hiv From An Infected Person?
- How Severe Are Hiv Symptoms?
- How Soon Can U Take An Hiv Test After Sex?
- How Long Does A Person Have Hiv Before It Turns Into Aids?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.