Am I wrong for just giving up?

I am always tired or exhausted. I got all possible blood work done and there was nothing wrong. I went to therapy and there was nothing wrong there either. I had a stroke 10 years ago and developed epilepsy which only gets really active if I am stressed out. My viral load is undetectable and my CD4 is at 600, so overall things look good. I am tired of chasing answers that are not there and decided to accept that I cannot go back to a normal life. That is just a myth for me - there will never be a normal life for me. Is this wrong to accept and stop the unending search and tests? I just want to move on or stop trying so hard to get back into the old ways of living.

Response from Dr. Fawcett

Thank you for writing. I feel that part of living with the HIV virus involves normalizing our life to the greatest extent possible, but also recognizing that we need to make certain adaptations to protect our health. HIV-related fatigue can be caused by many factors: physiological, psychological, even nutritional. It can be intensely frustrating for someone trying to cope with irregular and often unpredictable fluctuations in energy levels.

Here are two good resource pages containing specific information regarding HIV-related fatigue: one from TheBody and another from aidsmap. Work with your healthcare team to devise a personalized plan to assist you in adapting to your particular symptoms.

Take care,

-David

RE: Feeling exhausted (I DISAGREE)
Suicidal - having a bad time