Xeristar (duloxetine) 30mg and Atripla.

I was diagnosed HIV positive one year and eight months ago. I have been on Atripla for a year and four months and all my results are great: CD4 about 700 and VL undetectable I have just been prescribed Xeristar 30mg for depression. Are there any known interactions with Atripla? Thank you.

Response from Dr. Fawcett

Thanks for writing. Duloxetine (Cymbalta in the US; Xeristar in Europe) is a medication used to treat depression, anxiety, and certain types of pain. It is recommended that this medication be used cautiously in anyone with a history of alcoholism or chronic liver disease. Efavirenz (a component drug in Atripla) is also processed by the liver. Consult with your physician to be certain that your liver enzymes are regularly monitored.

-David

Neurological problems
Feeling exhausted