Likelihood of getting infected with HIV/STD

I have learnt on this site, the probalility of a Man getting infected by HIV/STD from an infected female partner is low. if HIV/STD is capable of penetrating the mucous membrane (foreskin) and glans. How is the risk low for Men. I hope this is a sensible question. Please advice.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

When we're talking about HIV, it's moreso that the risk is lower when compared to a man infecting a woman. Also, it's moreso that HIV is able to get into the penis through the hole at the end (urethra) from vaginal fluids. All that said, the risk is definitely still there!

When we're talking about STDs, the risk could be the same for men AND women. Some STDs are transmitted by direct skin-to-skin contact, which everyone has. If the STD is transmitted by fluid then it's like the point I made above with HIV.

Hope this helps!

Erik

My son has stopped communicating.
Bipolar? Getting started figuring out my life!