Effects of alcohol
Apr 10, 2012
Response from Dr. Fawcett
Alcohol and HIV frequently don't mix. It is generally considered tolerable for someone with HIV to have one alcoholic drink per day, but this is highly individualized since HIV medications, as well as alcohol, can put a strain on the liver. Speak with your physician about your particular situation and use caution. Because it is legal we often forget that alcohol is a powerful (and potentially dangerous) drug.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What To Do If Treatment Did Not Work For Gonorrhea Or Chlamydia?
- Toxoplasmosis Natural Treatment
- Time Frame After Contracting Herpes Before It Shows Up On An Std Test
- Syphilis Diagnosis How Long Before I Can Have Sex
- Syphilis And White Blood Cell Count
- Symptoms Of Shingles Without Blisters
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.