|Concern about partner's HIV
Feb 16, 2012
My boyfriend recently had a positive result on his HIV test. Is there a way of telling how long he is likely to have been infected? He says his last test in October was negative, but I'm concerned he is delaying his treatment and he may have known prior to October.
| Response from Dr. Fawcett
There is no exact way to determine how long he might have been positive since you don't know his baseline CD4 count. You can read more about that in this post from TheBody forums. There is an entire resource center about starting treatment here resource center about starting treatment here - if he has concerns about it he can find useful information in these articles. Finally, be certain the two of you discuss your own sexual activities to protect you.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dark Bumps After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Penis Discharge After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Glands After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.