High appetite for sex

I've been on treatment for two months now. My worry is that my appetite for sex has suddenly increased and I am scared because my boyfriend cannot always satisfy my sexual needs. Could it be the medication causing it or is something else? If it's the meds, what can I do?

Thank You.

Response from Dr. Fawcett

Thanks for writing. I am not aware of an correlation between hypersexual behavior and either the HIV virus or specific HIV medications. There are many causes of such behavior, including emotional (guilt, anxiety, etc) and physiological (bipolar disorder, certain drugs including amphetamines, etc). This is a serious concern and since it coincides with starting medications you need to speak with your physician to see if any adjustments or referrals are indicated.

-David

New panic about taking my meds
Looking for help In west Texas