|High appetite for sex
Jan 12, 2012
I've been on treatment for two months now. My worry is that my appetite for sex has suddenly increased and I am scared because my boyfriend cannot always satisfy my sexual needs. Could it be the medication causing it or is something else? If it's the meds, what can I do?
| Response from Dr. Fawcett
Thanks for writing. I am not aware of an correlation between hypersexual behavior and either the HIV virus or specific HIV medications. There are many causes of such behavior, including emotional (guilt, anxiety, etc) and physiological (bipolar disorder, certain drugs including amphetamines, etc). This is a serious concern and since it coincides with starting medications you need to speak with your physician to see if any adjustments or referrals are indicated.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute And Possible HIV Exposure
- Painful Red Spots After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Vaginal Prolapse Cause Low Back Pain?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.