Parotid gland disease..is there a fix?

I was diagnosed with salivary gland disease when I went to my dentist....She said just drink lots of fluids but it doesnt really help. Ive noticed Im always tired and dont wake up refreshed like most people. I go to the gym and treadmill but feel like Im pulling a Mack truck and my face doesnt sweat like most people. I feel like some kind of freak even when Im doing a treadmill. I had to medically retire from being an electrician since being diagnosed with aids and a nightmarish experience with crytococcal menegitis which landed me in ICU for almost a month, Now I just hang out and have to live on ssdi because of the cognisitve damage due to cm and aids. Im wondering if this parotid gland can be treated and is it possibly fatal? I have no tumours just a lack of saliva and a little swelling but its not really noticeable. I now believe that taking my meds which I have since being diagnosed will eneable me to keep living but am concerned about dying from living in poverty. Ive gone from a homeowner and a journeyman electrician with a business to living in a apartment on 1000 a month. I guess I can see why so many HIVers get depressed and suicidal..any suggestions? Im sorry about Dr Bobs passing, he was great man.

It is very difficult for me to have a clear picture about your problem since your email was really scattered in your description of the problem. If you have inflammation of the parotids, you may want to read this:

parotid glands

If what you have is a lack of saliva production, then talk to your doctor about medications that can increase that flow.

About your fatigue after sleeping: you may want to talk to your doctors about the diagnosis of sleep apnea. This problem can cause fatigue, depression, cardiovascular problems, erectile dysfunction, etc

Also talk to your doctor about checking your hormone levels (thyroid and testosterone) to ensure that your symptoms are not related to hormone deficiencies.

Hang in there. Do not despair. Many people have been able to return to health and go back to work.

Let us know what you find out.

Nelson

I'm so scared I ruined my life!
Advise on infection regarding unprotected oral sex