Pregnant lady worried about a home HIV test

Hi, when I found out I was pregnant I got myself really stressed out about having the HIV test, so I bought one off the internet (I'm not sure if it was approved). I had my actual test about three weeks later and it came back negative. It's now three months later and I have started to worry. When I did my online test I had to use a lancet. Thinking back, I was really irresponsible to put a pin in my finger that I had no idea where it came from. I have read the posts on whether HIV can live on a needle, some say it can, some say it can't. Have I put myself and unborn baby at any risk? Should I be re-tested?

Response from Dr. Fawcett

Thanks for writing. The HIV virus is fragile outside the human body so that lancet certainly posed no risk when you received it. Put your mind at ease about that (those stress hormones pose more risk to your unborn baby) and enjoy the remarkable experience of pregnancy!

-David

I am negative and my partner is positive
Complera Vs Atripla