Nov 26, 2011
I have been tested HIV+ in Berlin September this year and the reason for my infection was an intercourse in May. When i did the CD4 count in SEP it was 470, however now that i am back to my home country which is Armenia the HIV center redid the CD4 count test last week and the result was 718!!!! How is that possible and what does that mean???
Response from Dr. Holodniy
There can be marked variability in the CD4 count, as a result of time of day the test is performed, different assays, immunizations, other ongoing medical conditions, stress, among other reasons. Another number to follow is the CD4 percent which is a more stable number over time.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Risk Of Getting HIV
- Unprotected Vaginal Sex Scared I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Drink After Chlamydia Medication?
- Symptoms Of Vaginal Bleeding Headache Low Back Pain Cramping
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.