Tiredness and HIV

My husband is HIV positive and has been taking antiretrovirals since 2009. He is also taking Warfarin. He goes to the gym 6 days per week, and has a healthy lifestyle.

I am a little worried as he gets tired easily. Is this normal? He has a vitamin B complex injection once per month and this seems to boost him for a while.

Kind regards.

Response from Dr. Fawcett

Fatigue is a common complaint and can result from both the virus and medications. Getting regular physical exercise and living healthy can only help. Adequate rest is also extremely important both to combat fatigue and to maintain health. He should discuss this with his physician to be certain this is "normal" fatigue versus some other concern.

There are significant drug-drug interactions with Warfarin. Here is a link to a professional journal article summarizing some of these concerns. I will also include a link to an archived forum at TheBody on fatigue and anemia.

-David

Can't find a therapist
Anxiety about lymph node pain and depression