Saddened by Dr Bob's passing

This is a sad day for me, I just wrote about how angry I was about my living situation and living around hustlers and then I see that Dr Bob just died. He answered so many of my questions in the last 6 years and made me feel that there was hope. I felt as though I knew him and it makes me angry that someone with so much compassion, understanding and thoughtfulness has to be taken while others who appreciate nothing remain. I feel a part of my world has again disappeared and I only hope for the best for his family. He was a special person with a talent for communication. My condolences are with his family. Dr Bob I hope you rest in peace and know you are loved by many for the help you gave them.

Response from Dr. Fawcett

Thank you for writing and for eloquently expressing your feelings. Living with HIV creates the potential for multiple losses: our health, our dreams, a sense of hope, and of course the real loss of people we care about. Anger is normal and needs to be expressed, but it is equally important to identify the feelings that are under that anger, usually sadness and hurt. The loss of Dr. Bob has triggered all of those feelings in many people. I know his family will appreciate the condolences of you and many others.

-David

When is it right to come off anti-depressant medication?
Symptoms worsening after Dr. Bob's passing