Cocaine and HIV
Sep 22, 2011
Response from Dr. Fawcett
The complex interactions between cocaine (ingested in any form) and cocaine are still poorly understood. It has been observed that cocaine appears to help the virus spread faster and some studies suggest it can hasten the development of neurological disorders such as seizures, movement disorders and even dementia. There are no known specific interactions between HIV medications and cocaine. Help stopping cocaine can be found with Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Sex Toys?
- Is Diarrhea An Ars Symptom?
- Cold Hands After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Anal Sex Top Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Std If You And Your Partner Are Virgin And Have Oral Sex?
- Causative Agents Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.