|Duromine and HIV+
Sep 10, 2011
Hello. I'm 22 and HIV positive and not on any ARVs. I started using Duromine 4 days ago. Will it drop my CD4 count? Today I felt a bit sick, sluggish, and tired. Is it going to have an impact on HIV progression?
| Response from Dr. Fawcett
Duromine is also known as phentermine, a prescription drug used to treat weight gain. I am unaware of any studies regarding its safety or efficacy so I believe caution is advised. I will include a link to a prior post in the forums from Dr. Henry on phentermine.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Does The Inside Of Your Mouth Look Like With Hiv?
- If I Have Aids Or Hiv What Would Show Up Abnormal In Blood Tests?
- Will I Always Have Discharge With Herpes?
- Where Does Gonorrhea Come From?
- At What Stage Are Shingles Contagious
- What Kind Of Doctor Does A Guy Need To Go To For Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.