Risk of infection with partner after finding medicine for HIV

I recently had sex with a guy that I've known for awhile now, but afterwards, I found his bottle of Atripla and asked him about it. He never told me about being HIV positive, but said he's been undetectable for awhile now. I'm freaking out over it, and have been since that night, even though he keeps telling me it's low-risk and has been for awhile. He has told me his ex-boyfriend is still negative even after having not used a condom a few times, but I am still scared about it. I'm going to get tested as soon as I get back from vacation, but can you tell me what the chances are for becoming infected after that night, with him being on Atripla and undetectable for awhile?

Response from Dr. Fawcett

While it is true that antiretroviral therapy reduces the risk of transmitting the virus, it does not eliminate it. You should get tested when you get home and continue with follow-up tests until six months have passed since the possible exposure. While it is up to each of us to take precautions to protect ourselves, I would question the level of friendship of someone who would knowingly put me at risk.

-David

HIV positive mental health providers.
Anxiety following sexual assault