Worried about oral sex risk despite wearing a condom

I received oral sex from an escort three weeks ago. I wore a condom and did nothing else with her. I even wiped myself with a bacterial wipe afterwards. This week I got a small rash about the size of a nickel with bright red dots that don't turn white when pressed upon. Then two days later I got swollen tonsils. I don't see sores, just swollen tonsils. I went to the doctor and he said it could be mono, but I haven't kissed anyone. I was put on an antibiotic. I'm hoping it's just an infection and not HIV. What is the risk that it is? Thank you for your time.

Response from Dr. Fawcett

You've been very diligent in terms of wearing a condom for oral sex and following up with your doctor. The risk of HIV transmission through oral sex, while possible, is low and extremely low when a condom is worn. Antibiotics are not typically used for treating mononucleosis, but your doctor may feel some other infectious process is at work. While the risk of acquiring HIV through the activities is remote you should relieve your anxiety to get tested for HIV, including follow-up tests for six months and regular testing after that for possible future exposures.

-David

The difference between CD4 count and %
Pains and anxiety after my partner was diagnosed