Worrying about HIV Infection

About 8 weeks ago I was having sex with a prostitute with a condom. She did oral on me with a condom and I was having cunnilingus (oral on her). I think during that time there were no open sores in my mouth. Two days after that I had a rash on my hand and a month ago my neck felt uncomfortable but I didn't feel any swollen lymph nodes. The condom was supplied by her and I think it was a cheap condom. I have not had any flu since that time, but now my neck feels uncomfortable yet I can't feel any pain. I don't know how to detect swollen lymph nodes but as far as I can see there is no swelling on my neck, armpit or groin.

Do I have any chances to get infected with HIV?

Response from Dr. Fawcett

There is both theoretical and documented risk for fellatio (oral-penile contact), although it is significantly less than vaginal-penile contact. Your use of a condom does offer significant protection.

Oral-vaginal contact (cunnilingus) also carries a theoretical risk, although the documented risk is extremely low. There are many early symptoms of HIV infection and they do include swollen lymph nodes and rash.

The best way to put your anxiety to rest is to get tested for HIV, remembering there is a six month window to detect any seroconversion, meaning that you should have follow up testing up to six months after your possible exposure.

Good luck, David

14 years old and in love
Anxiety about French-kissing a girl and two weeks later getting the flu