What can I take for erectile dysfunction?

I am 32 years old and on antiretroviral treatment for the past two (2) years (Stocrin and Truvada). Lately I have a very low sex drive and cannot maintain an erection for a prolonged period. Is there a pill I can take that won't affect my medication? It is negatively affecting my sex life with my partner. It should be noted that I eat properly, added to which I exercise and live an active healthy lifestyle.

Response from Dr. Fawcett

Low sexual desire is a common issue related to HIV which can be caused by the virus itself, the antiviral medications, physiological factors, psychological concerns, and other variables. If you have access to a psychotherapist or sex therapist it could be useful to discuss these various issues to more specifically determine the factors in your case. The most common erectile dysfunction drugs (the so-called PDE 5 inhibitors) such as Viagra, Cialis, and Levitra are commonly used by persons with HIV, although there are concerns when they are combined with blood pressure medications, certain HIV medications, or poppers. Speak with your physician - I'm sure he or she will have a recommendation for you.

-David

I am positive, my girlfriend is negative, and it's affecting our sex life
BIpolarity + Reyataz