Diazepam and Sustiva

Dear Mr. Shernoff

I am on AZT, 3TC and Sustiva. Is there any drug interaction with Diazepam

Thanking you in advance

Willaim

Response from Mr. Shernoff

I am not a physician and need to refer your question to an MD, but why aren't you asking this question to the doctors prescribing these medications to you? I urge you to do this.

Response from Dr. Cohen

As far as I know - there is no big interaction suspected - but Sustiva can decrease the blood level of a few meds including possibly valium/diazepam. I don't think there were formal studies of this however - it would be a prediction. But the pharmacist who gave you either one has the resources to look this up and give the most up to date answer... so that's another way to check.

Hope that helps.

Hmmm, just wondering
Being Supportive