should i start

I was diagnosed positive August 26th, 2010.... my labs are as follows :

8/26/10 - tcells: 439.... viral load: 1,392

9/29/10 - tcells: 516.....viral load: 5, 357

12/15/10 - tcells: 633....viral load: 5, 372

4/7/10 - tcells: 492.......viral load: 96,000

My doctor is setting an appt up next week to get the genotype to see if I have resistance... and said I should start thinking about starting medication. I travel for work and am just worried about starting meds on the road and the side effects, etc... I get home in July from traveling with work. Do you think I have time to wait? What would you suggest? All other blood work (liver, kidneys, urine... was all normal)...

I got strep 2 weeks before i took this last test.... could that have affected my viral load? Thank you for your help!

I agree with the genotype test to make sure that your virus is not resistant to various HIV drugs. Although your viral load is low, there is a trend to declining CD4 count. You have time to wait until July, but I tend to agree with your doctor, that given the trend, starting sooner rather than later would be the best decision.

My girlfriend is positive - how do I keep myself safe?
Depression and risk of other medical illnesses