Mar 7, 2011
If gonorrhea is left untreated will the immune system deal with the infection? therefore no anitbiotics are required?
Response from Dr. Fawcett
If left untreated, gonorrhea can cause serous complications, including pelvic inflammatory disease in women and epididymitis (part of the testicles) in men. It can also travel through the blood stream and affect heart valves. Don't let it go untreated.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can I Be Exposed To Hiv And Test Negative For Two Years Then Test Positive?
- How Long Can A Person Be Infected With Hiv Before Showing Signs Of Infection?
- Hiv And Cold Sweat On Hands And Feet
- Can Hiv Transmission Happen By Touch?
- Buffalo Hump Neck Cure For Children
- Does Hiv Cause An Autoimmune Problem?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.