Depakote and CD4

I have been positive for 6 years and have been on meds for 5 of those years. I have benn undetectable and my CD4 has been hovering about 300-400. Since being on depakote (for depression) for 3 months my CD4 is now 668!! Any correlation between the two?? Just curious. Thanks

Response from Dr. Fawcett

Depakote is an anti-seizure medication that is utilized as a mood-stabilizer. It is effective for leveling the highs and lows associated with Bipolar Disorder. Depakote, along with other calcium and sodium channel blockers, has been associated with increased CD4 counts. In rare cases, however, it can also cause dangerously low white blood cell counts and impact the pancreas, so the risk versus benefits of Depakote in HIV positive individuals should be carefully considered with your doctor.

My Mom has Aids T cell count 3
Inositol question