Jan 11, 2009
I just find out that Im HIV positive and my CD4 is low, im so stressed, I dont know what to eat so that i can be strong. I have to wait for next year for ARVs. In the mean time, what can i do?
Response from Dr. Horwath
If your CD4 count is low, then you should start ARV treatment immediately (depending on how low it is). Consult with your HIV doctor and make sure that he or she is following the CDC guidelines for initiation of antiretroviral treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chance Of Getting HIV From Sex With Sex Worker
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Unprotected Vaginal Sex
- French Kissing Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Black Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.