Mental Health, Depression and HIV

My partner recently has undergone sever depression bouts. His HIV doctor is doing little if nothing to assist us in dealing with this issue and the depression and stress is getting worse by the day. Recent episodes include short term memory loss, persistant crying and the inability or desire to continue life. As his partner what should I do- Please help. Steven in CA

Response from Dr. Horwath

You need to bring him to a psychologist or psychiatrist to evaluate him and recommend treatment. It sounds like he has a severe depression and needs treatment immediately.

I'm loosing my mind
HIV positive