Normal life

I am a 23 yr old female on meds and was diagnosed with HIV 4mths ago but always suspected I was positive since I was 16 so I lost my whole life there. Even though I am on meds, mouth sores still occur so I am afraid to get close to anyone. Is there any chance of ever having a boyfriend?

Response from Dr. Horwath

First, you need to get your medical treatment optimized. These mouth sores may indicate an infection or adverse side effect that can be treated. Consult with your HIV doctor about this.

There are many people who have HIV and have very positive lives and intimate relationships. There is no reason that you can't have a boyfriend. You need to find someone who is understanding and accepting and in whom you trust. It takes some patience and effort, but it can be done.

bed bug bites and HIV. Please concern.
my husband of 7years took a hiv test and was negative so this means i shouldnt worry