|How long does it take?
Jan 11, 2009
How long does it usually take HIV to turn into AIDS? I have been HIV+ since 2001 and still not on meds. How long will my good health last? PS I am a female.
| Response from Dr. Horwath
Many years can pass before HIV develops into AIDS. However, in the meantime you should be seeing an experienced HIV doctor for regular check-ups to follow your HIV infection with examinations, including viral load and T-cell tests. The course of infection needs to be monitored so that you start treatment if you need to.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Vaginal Discharge A Symptom Of HIV?
- Sore On Mouth Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Can You Catch HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Blood In Semen After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.