|How long does it take?
Jan 11, 2009
How long does it usually take HIV to turn into AIDS? I have been HIV+ since 2001 and still not on meds. How long will my good health last? PS I am a female.
| Response from Dr. Horwath
Many years can pass before HIV develops into AIDS. However, in the meantime you should be seeing an experienced HIV doctor for regular check-ups to follow your HIV infection with examinations, including viral load and T-cell tests. The course of infection needs to be monitored so that you start treatment if you need to.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do People Get AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Diarrhea After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.