Jan 11, 2009
how long does it take hiv early symptoms to manifest after the initial contact
Response from Dr. Horwath
For people who are not in treatment, the average time between initial infection and symptoms is 10 years. This is an average; the range can be very broad.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- People From Which Age Group Are More Likely To Suffer From Opportunistic Infections
- Will Having My Genital Warts Removed Decrease My Chances Of Spreading It?
- Why Are Genital Warts More Prevalent In Homosexual Men?
- What's The Difference Between Mouth Ulcers And Herpes Simplex 1?
- What Is The Life Span Of A Person Infected With Herpes?
- Symptoms Of Sore Throat Caused By Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.