Jan 11, 2009
how long does it take hiv early symptoms to manifest after the initial contact
| Response from Dr. Horwath
For people who are not in treatment, the average time between initial infection and symptoms is 10 years. This is an average; the range can be very broad.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Who Are The Most Common People To Get AIDS?
- What Precautions Should One Take To Avoid Contracting The HIV And AIDS Disease?
- Can HIV Be Detected In Routine Blood Work?
- Can You Get AIDS From Sharing Razors?
- Why Am I Shivering After Gall Bladder Surgery?
- Why Does Uganda Have Lower Rates Of Hiv/aids Infections When Compared To Other Sub-saharan African Countries?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.